FASHiONiSTA ARiANA BROWN KNOWS EVERYTHiNG YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LOOKiNG AND FEELiNG YOUR BEST. BY SHARiNG HER HEALTH AND BEAUTY WiSDOM, SHE CAN HELP YOU HAVE YOUR BEST SPRiNG YET!
As a man or woman on the go, it can be difficult to try to maintain daily beauty habits. At times school and work can become overwhelming, and it’s hard to find time for yourself. I have been there so I am going to share a few tips on how to shake the stress. Here are a few things that I do on a day to day basis that keeps me feeling fresh and clean:
- Every morning, I wash my face with CETAPHIL DAILY FACIAL CLEANSER. This product is great for people with normal or oily skin. I happen to have a combination of both, and it leaves my skin feeling moisturized. Following that, I use a MARIO BADESCU GLYCOLIC ACID TONER. I suggest everyone use this toner, because it’s the only product that seems to clear my clogged pores after wearing makeup all day. For men, it helps prevent ingrown hairs. I always make sure to moisturize with some type of moisturizer. I recommend JERGENS SHEA BUTTER LOTION.
- For my night time routine, I remove any makeup I am wearing with NEUTROGENA MAKEUP WIPES prior to washing my face. I use DOVE SENSITIVE CARE SOAP BAR to wash my face. Sometimes, I end my night with a SEPHORA FACE MASK, and then I spray my face with MARIO BADESCU ROSE WATER MOISTURIZING MIST which includes rose extract. This product can also be used to set your makeup throughout the day and can be used on any skin type.
- A few things that aid in these habits are:
Getting a complete 8 hours of sleep.
Eating properly and consuming adequate amounts of water to keep your skin clear. I recommend that you drink about 64 oz. of water per day.
Change your sheets and pillowcases weekly. Silk sheets help your hair and skin blossom!
- One last thing I do every night before bed is stretch. I recommend stretching on a daily basis, because it releases tension and stress that you may have built up during the week. It helps increase your blood flow and your well being. I switch up my stretches at night by just watching a “yoga beginner” video on youtube.
My favorite Youtuber for yoga is Yoga With Adriene. Here is a link to the yoga videos I watch https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene/videos. I love watching her videos, because majority of them are beginner friendly. If you take it slow and stay calm while doing it, it can be nice and relaxing.
I advise doing cardio workouts 3-5 times a week. Keep in mind that your body needs time in between workouts to recover. Sometimes it’s hard to motivate yourself to get up and do it, but just pick at least 3 days when you are free to work out during the week. Write the times that you are available to workout, and stick to it! Set a reminder in your phone about 30 minutes before your workout time, and remember to leave fresh clothes in your gym bag and in your car so you can continue about your day.
- It is important to start every workout with a warm up. A good warm-up would be jogging for 5 minutes or doing 100 jumping jacks. Warm-ups are good for warming up your body to increase blood flow to muscles and body tissues. The warmup should also be done before stretching to prevent injuries.
- In order to maintain your current weight or lose weight, cardio should be your main focus. My workout routine for the gym usually consists of cardio mostly. Some days I will do a full cardio workout.
- I try to layout my workout to fit in my schedule so it usually looks something like this:
Jog the track twice ( half a mile)
Stretch for about 7 minutes
Cardio for 30-40 minutes
Weight lift for 15 minutes
Stretch for 7 minutes
- Some people may be more or less physically fit than myself, but it works for me. If you want to challenge yourself try to start with a mile jog/run and continue cardio for a full hour!
BEAUTY TiPS AND TUTORiALS
Here are a few makeup tips that every woman should include in their makeup routine, whether it’s for an everyday look or a look for a night out.
- How to Cat Eye: Every girl want to achieve the perfect cateye whether is for a dramatic makeup look or just a simple and classy everyday look.
STEP 1: Start by drawing a small line across your lash line. Sometimes, it’s easy for me to make small strokes before and go back to fill it in.
STEP 2: Drag your line from the edge of your eye to the desired length.
STEP 3: Drag the line in back to the center of the eye while creating a triangle effect, and begin to fill it in. If you like it to be more dramatic, make small strokes from the center to the end. You want to do more trial and error toward the center, because it’s a lot harder to fix the ending of the cateye.
- How to do Eyebrows: First, let me say that your eyebrows are sisters and NOT twins. I’m sure you’ve heard that before.When doing your eyebrows you may find inequalities that are hard to correct. However, as long as you take your time you should be able to make them look as similar as possible.
STEP 1: Begin by drawing the bottom part of your eyebrow. To find where your eyebrow should begin, place your brush or pencil along the side of your nose vertically. This is where you should begin the line. To determine where your eyebrow should end, diagonally place your brush at the corner of your nose and the end point of your eye. Draw an imaginary line from you nose to to your brows, and that’s where your brows should end.
STEP 2: Draw out the top of your eyebrow to create the shape you want. Once you do that, fill in the brow by drawing small hairlike strokes throughout.
STEP 3: Begin making small hairlike strokes upward at the center, and then work your way out. Be sure to darken as you progress. If you apply too much, use a spooley brush to brush off the excess.
STEP 4: Set your brows by using a brow gel. Brush your hairs in the same direction with the gel. I am using the CLINIQUE BROW GEL in dark brown.
STEP 5: To complete the look you want to use concealer (preferably one shade lighter than your skintone) to outline your brows. This makes them pop more.
- How to Strobe: Strobing is when you
apply highlighter where light would naturally hit your face. You should apply it to your cheekbones, brow bones, the center of your forehead, down your nose, and on your chin. By applying soft and shimmery highlighting shades onto these areas, you will make your complexion look radiant, fresh, and healthy. This is something you will do when you want to look natural and have a glow that will bring attention to your skin.
STEP 1: Start by highlighting your face with concealer. You want to highlight under your eyes, the bridge of your nose, your forehead, the tip of your chin, and your cupids bow. I used MAYBELLINE FIT ME CONCEALER in the shade medium.
STEP 2: Blend out your concealer with a damp beauty blender.
STEP 3: Set your concealer with translucent powder. I am using the NYX SETTING POWDER.
STEP 4: Contour your jaw bones, temples, and the sides of the bridges of your nose to create a smaller looking nose. I did this while “baking” or allowing my powder to set in. Once you’re done blending out your contour, brush away your powder with a fluffy foundation brush.
STEP 5: Highlight the bridge of your nose, the tail of your eyebrow, your cupids bow, and the top of your cheeks. This is basically going over your highlight areas, the areas where the light will hit your face.
This is the finished look. I hope you find my tutorials to be very useful! If you have any questions, please leave me a comment. Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram and Snapchat for more beauty tips!